Pulp, Paper and Paper Converting Industry in Slovenia
Technologically sophisticated products, continuous presence in the demanding markets and professional staff
Slovenian Pulp, Paper and Paper Converting Industry Association
Slovenian pulp, paper and paper converting industry boasts a 400-year-long tradition. Its gradual development is based on available raw materials, energy, developed chemical and other accompanying industries, adequate infrastructure and highly qualified labour. Traditional product quality thus guarantees the branch’s presence on both home and world markets particularly European markets.
There are nine pulp and paper mills in operation with the following total production:
- paper and board 600,000 tons per year, of which newsprint paper 13 percent; writing/printing paper 44 percent; sanitary paper 13 percent; coating paper 21percent; board 28 percent;
- chemical and mechanical pulp 140,000 tons per year, of which chemical pulp 80 percent; mechanical pulp 20 percent.
There are twenty-three larger and some fifty smaller paper and board converting plants with the following total production corrugated board 80,000 tons; corrugated board products 80,000 tons; other paper and board products 90,000 tons. Sales revenues amount to approximately EUR 630 mln, with exports generating 60 percent of this amount. The share of the branch in the net revenues in processing industry is approximately 4 percent.
The production programme of paper and paper converting branch:
- bleached and unbleached magnesium sulphite pulp, mechanical pulp;
- one-side and two-side coated paper, wood-free printing and writing paper, mechanographic paper, copying paper, newsprint paper, recycled paper, basic carbon-free copy paper, banknote and security paper, packaging paper, sanitary paper;
- grey and white cardboard, surface-dyed and varnished cardboard;
- coated board for folding boxes, grey board, packaging board;
- corrugated board - two-ply, three-ply, five-ply with B flute, C flute and E flute;
- corrugated board packaging products, printed and unprinted, commercial packaging products made of board, shipping packaging products, cardboard packaging, packaging for liquids, laminated packaging products, paper packaging products, spirally wound packaging products;
- toilet paper, handkerchiefs, napkins, other sanitary products;
- self-adhesive paper, foils, labels, envelopes, notepads, wrapping paper, plastic cards, cardboard products, office products, folders, rolls, bags, board tubes, wallpaper, carbon-free copy paper.
The key companies continually make considerable investments in the modernisation and professional training, which allows them to manufacture high quality products and to introduce new products. Main export products are wood-free coated paper; coated board; sanitary paper and newsprint.
| Largest companies |
LATEST issue 1/2019
The first issue of the South-East European Industrial Market Magazine for 2019 is already available online! In the edition you may find many interesting topics and articles, including "Chemical and pharmaceutical industry in Serbia", "Textile industry in North Macedonia", etc. The whole issue you may find here...
System developers designing high-end embedded control applications with multiple software teams can now benefit from a new family of dual-core Digital Signal Controllers (DSCs) in a single chip from Microchip Technology, enabling easier software integration. See more...